Thursday, November 24, 2011

Don’t Get the Flu in Dubai!


I am dying. I had an interview on Tuesday, and it went well. I thought I was getting better, so I went to all of my classes. Then I stayed up until 5 a.m. BIG MISTAKE. On Wednesday, I felt the effects of not getting enough rest while sick. I asked my friend if they sold DayQuil here, and she said no because it’s HARAM. The one time I need alcohol in Dubai, and it’s too HARAM to sale. Maybe they can sell DayQuil at the bar?

This morning I felt horrible. I couldn’t even keep tea down. I went to get a relaxer at a saloon in Al Barsha (yea I know, I had the flu, yet I went to get my hair done). They did a really good job. The place will be my permanent salon if I stay. Good location, prices, timing, and results.

I had an interview today, but when I told them I was sick, they tried to reschedule it for Sunday morning, and I have another interview at that time, so I said “What the hay,” and went to the interview today.

I planned on taking a nap when I got back, but some times I’m in a chatty mood. I am especially talkative now since I’m pretty certain that I’ll be able to stay. I need to go back to sleep now. I’ll have some good news Sunday, inshAllah.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your blog! As a new Texas in Ras-Al-Khaimah this blog makes me laugh and cry at the same time. I am sorry that we missed each other by a year!!!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Keisha! It is great to finally get a comment that isn't spam :-). What are you doing in Ras-Al-Khaimah? I am coming back this year if you are interested in meeting up.

    ReplyDelete