Wednesday, November 16, 2011

If I Only Knew…

Today was an eventful day. I met with the CEO of Bayt, and received great career advice and insight into entrepreneurial ventures. Later on I found out that I’m not eligible for any positions at AUD, because I lack experience. My drive counts for nothing these days.

I had to tell my professor never mind about the recommendation that I asked for, and he told me I did well on the exam I took yesterday (Yes!). I like it when I get good news on the same day I get bad news.

Tomorrow I’m going to visit Internet City. There are about 15 major technology firms there, such as Miscrosoft, HP, and Siemens. I am also in the works of joining the American Business Council, which two people have recommended. It costs about $300 for the whole year, so I’m trying to find out if it will be prorated. We’ll see.

I have 34 days and I’m really starting to get worried. Going out does give me less time to look for jobs, but it’s a great stress reliever, and I don’t want to ruin my trip by doing all work and no play.

Speaking of going out, on Thursday my friend and I thought we were going to go to  a J Cole concert Abu Dhabi with friends, but it was an epic fail. The people we were going with were friends of a friend, and the details were kind of shady. We ended up going to Abu Dhabi, grabbing coffee, and coming back to Dubai. “If you want something done right, do it yourself” –Zorg, Fifth Element.

Friday, I went back to Crystalle aka People. I told my first Cali friend how great it was the last time I went and she was down. It sucked. The atmosphere was the opposite of what it was the first time I went, and I felt like a loser for telling her how great the club was, and showing up and being disappointed.

We left there around 1:30, and went to Armani, which is one of the hottest clubs in Dubai. Everyone loves Armani. Armani was the same as Crystalle, bad music, barely any people, etc. I don’t know, maybe the Friday after Eid just isn’t a good clubbing day. Don’t worry, we’ll make up for it this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment