Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gilligan’s Isle



Boudoir Interior
Monday, I went to the Boudoir club for Halloween. I was dressed as a sailor. To find a Halloween costume, I went to the Mall of Emirates (on Friday), and the first store I went to was Carrefour. They had one women’s costume. I am not exaggerating. ONE WOMEN’S COSTUME! I was sad because I needed a costume in the Carrefour price range.

Every clothing store we went to, we asked where we could find costumes. We ended up going to a toy store. The only presentable costume they had that was in a large was cat woman costume for $100. I tried it on in the employee lounge (a closet with a child’s chair to sit on).

The costume was crap. It looked like a $20 costume. It was poorly made and falling apart. The “crystal” fingernails looked like I sewed them on. It was horrible. Needless to say, I wasn’t going to by that janky costume for $100.

So I called my study abroad mentor (SAM), Seham, and asked here where to go to get a costume. We ended up going to a Halloween store at Jumierah Beach Centre. It was a crazy experience. I wish I had taken pictures. They had a very wide selection, I’ll give them that, but the aisles were too skinny, and they had make-shift fitting rooms. It was so busy. It reminded me of Christmas Eve. This is why I like shopping online…

I tried on a Marilyn Monroe costume, a diner waitress costume, Egyptian, Bettie Page Devil, a sexy mechanic but the one I really liked was the sailor costume. Every time I look for Halloween costumes online, it’s the sailor costumes that catch my eye. Not only that, but they had it in large, and it fit perfectly.

I felt sorry for my friend. She wears a small, and all of the costumes were too big on her, even the extra small. We ended up shopping from 10am-5pm, but at least I found something I really wanted.


At Boudoir, I had loads of fun. It was my first time dancing in public! We made some new friends that had a table. We partied with them all night. We went out with them again yesterday at a private party. It was so fun! The food was good, the music was good, everything was good. I’m starting to really like it here….

No comments:

Post a Comment