Saturday, December 3, 2011

National Day! HOORAA!!


Since I missed so many days of school, my homework is really starting to pile up. I now have a makeup quiz and an essay due on Sunday. AHHHH!! I stayed home Friday night to make sure I could work all day today.

Tuesday, I had an interview at DIFC at 10 am. I went to sleep at 1am, and woke up at 7. I planned on going to my classes, but since I was still sick, I just went back to sleep. I did end of playing football by the end of the day, so obviously I was feeling much better (Im still sore!).

Wednesday, my 1st Cali friend and I had lunch with an alumnus from her school. He works/lives in Media City and he has travelled to multiple countries in the Middle East to learn about the culture and the language. His work will be featured on Nat Geo.

His office had a celebration on Thursday, which was National Day (it’s like The Fourth of July), and they went to places such as The Atlantis and Cavalli. Since we still haven’t been to Cavalli, we said we might swing through.

After lunch, I went to the mall with Jamaila(sumo-wrestler) and then to class. I haven’t been to that class in so long. When I arrived the teacher cancelled it because he figured students weren’t going to come due to National Day.  YAY!! So me and Jamaila sat and chilled and caught up with each other since I haven’t been to any of my classes in a week.

Cirque de Soir

Afterwards, my 1st Cali friend and I went to JBR for dinner. We met some cool people at  a CafĂ© next to Burger Fuel (our usual joint).  Our plan was to check out the new club, Cirque de Soir, but it was closed. Cavalli is located in the same hotel, but it wasn’t free that night so we left and went to Elegante. I loved it there. I was fond of the music, the dancing and the people. I will definitely become a regular (if I stay).

Thursday we were off school for National Day. Traffic was horrible! We met with a UC Almunus at a restaurant called Caramel in DIFC. The food was good, but it was so dark in there I could barely see my menu!

Afterwards, we went to Barasti, a beach club near Dubai Marina. Barasti was nice as well. We ended up staying there and not visiting the other alumni at Cavalli, because we just figured our visit to Cavalli is not meant to be.

Friday, we went to Global Village. I loved it! It was like a cross between King’s Island,  a carnival, and “It’s a Small World” at Disney World. I got some Belgian waffles, and got on the crazy sling-shot ride. All in all, it was a great week, and I can’t wait to go to Cirque de Soir!

No comments:

Post a Comment