Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I'm Just Trying to Graduate


Tomorrow I get to see Bill Clinton. What a great week this will be. The weekend was enchanting. Thursday, I went to Cirque de Soir and loved it.  It was very exotic. There were acrobats, dwarfs, fire-breathers, and etc. They performed not only on stage, but all over the club. There was an act at each table.  It was more like a lounge though. There were so many things going on that it was hard to dance in that environment, so we went to People, our favorite club!

Friday we went to Sahn Eddar at Burj al Arab, and had the Violin Classic. While we ate the delectable international cuisine, a string triplet complimented our dinner with extraordinary music. They even played Anastasia. Afterwards, I got a picture with the violinist. Oh, how I love vibrato!

When we got back, we were invited to go to the dessert. Now, this is what I came to Dubai for! We camped out with experienced campers, and had a wonderful experience. We ate burgers, smoked sheesha, and talked about religion and culture. Since our friends our Arabs, our ideas often clash, especially when it comes to our ideas about marriage and independence. It was a good discussion, and I often learn a lot when we talk about such things.


Saturday we got home in the evening. That dessert heat kicked my butt! I was too tired to go to Burj Khalifa (building Tom Cruise climbed in new MI), but I couldn’t cancel. We had booked tickets online to visit Burj Khalifa earlier that week, and they do not allow cancellations. The place is called At the Top. Interesting title for a place that isn’t at the top.

It was nice though. I tried to take photos of my friend with her fancy camera, but they came out like crap. I felt so bad because she’s taken so many good pictures of me, and I cant take one decent one of her. I love you Cali girl!

Today I had a quiz in Islamic Art and Architecture, and I did quite well. I told you I failed the first exam, so this is the class that may hold me back from graduation. The exam is on Thursday. I will study my arse off.

No comments:

Post a Comment