Monday, October 24, 2011

Dreams Are Real, All You Have to Do Is Just Believe

I finally went to the Burj al Arab Friday! I went at 9am, before it got too hot. It’s been so long since I had to wake up that early. I’m so spoiled now. Working full time is going to be such a challenge when the time comes.

I stayed at the beach until about 12pm, and went to the Dome Restaurant for pancakes. Not every restaurant has pancakes, so I had been craving theirs for a while. Afterwards, I went to Deira to get some leave-in conditioner for my hair. It was really close to Dome, so I figured I’d save some time and money by going then. WRONG!

It was about 1:30, when I arrived, and it was FRIDAY. I forgot that places don’t open until the evening on Friday. The whole neighborhood was closed. They didn’t open until 4:00. I just went home. I was so angry with myself.

When I start living here, I’m going to buy my hair products in bulk. I get tired of going so far away to get hair products. Even when I’m driving, I won’t want to do it. Boy do I miss the black hair stores in America.

I was supposed to go jet skiing Friday evening, but it didn’t work out, so my first Cali friend and I went to Buddha bar. It’s an upscale lounge at JBR. I enjoyed it. I especially liked the fact that I could sit down all night.

They had a fire show at 2:00 a.m. I felt the heat every time they blew fire, and they kept dropping the bottles. It was scary!



We met some cool people, which included some Brits. We went to “dinner” with them when the club closed and ate some Arabic food. We ended up staying out until 6am. I’ve never done that before. We may go out with them again. Who knows?
My friend and I forgot to take a pic before we left :-(

One thing I do know is that it’s time to explore Dubai night-life. This is the new Lara. The outgoing Lara. I will no longer be a “grandma” or a couch potato. I will not let going to the movies be my favorite thing to do. It’s time to go out and have fun.

I had and exam on Sunday in Arabic, and two exams in Islamic Art and Architecture on Tuesday and Thursday. I’m swamped! My job search is on halt and I cant wait to get some sleep. I miss my 2nd Cali friend. I hope to see her this weekend!

I met with an accounting professor today. He's going to recommend me for a part-time job in Dubai. My intention was to not work so I could enjoy and explore, and interview, but if a job falls into my lap, I can't refuse it. I hope I get it! We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment