Monday, October 17, 2011

So Much for Staying in This Weekend…

I stayed in all of Friday. I’m proud of myself.  I did laundry and finished a moderate amount of homework.  Holly’s birthday was Sunday, so we went out Saturday night. She has a gluten allergy, so we went to PF Chang’s (they have a gluten-free menu).

This brings me to my #1 rule: Just because they have it in the US, doesn’t mean they’ll have it here.  Of course, when we got there we found out that they didn’t have a gluten-free menu. She didn’t want to leave, because she knew she wouldn’t find gluten-free anywhere. On the bright side, she ate a full meal, and she had a delicious mousse cake.

On Sunday, Holly’s actual birthday, we went to a place that sells organic and gluten-free food. She called ahead this time, and they said they had gluten-free pizza. When we arrived, there was NO GLUTEN FREE PIZZA! So we left, and on the way back, I ordered a lettuce wrap for her from Hardee’s. We specifically told them no bread. Guess what arrived? A tortilla wrap with lettuce and hamburger meat.

Later on, I tried to cheer her up, but my futile attempts made her even sadder. Poor Holly!

Last Tuesday, I went to bible study at AUD, and enjoyed it. I will definitely be attending from now on. There was a group of 4-5 students, and it was held in the cafeteria. My friend that I sumo-wrestled with invited me. She is the leader. She also invited me to her house for Thanksgiving dinner. Bless her heart!

Oh how I miss my fast internet! I’ll have to go to the library or my friend’s house to renew my license plates. Oh, the simple things I took for granted in the US.

There is a career fair in Abu Dhabi from the 18th-20th. A career services staff is taking me, but I have to find a ride home. This means taking a bus for a 2-hour ride, then taking a taxi to the train station, then taking the train back to school. I’ll be completely alone. I’m scared, but you gotta do what you gotta do. At least I have a ride there!

No comments:

Post a Comment