Saturday, October 8, 2011

Uneventful Week


When I got here, I met a former AUD study abroad student who lives in Dubai, searching for a job. She is from Cali(not the one I went to Bastikiya with), and she is my soul mate. We have the same tattoo in the same place. We have gotten real close over the past couple of weeks. She lives five minutes away. We’ve went to the beach multiple times and talked for hours.

Tuesday, when I went to her house, I got into a cab, and the cab driver said he didn’t know how to get there, and I should give him directions. I didn’t know how to get there so I got into another cab (don’t judge me!). I know her house is only five minutes away, but it’s hard for me to learn how to get places when I don’t drive myself. Luckily, I now know how to get there. Yay!

I now plan on working here. Companies in the US are not letting me do phone interviews, like I thought. They are telling me to wait until I get back. I need a job before I graduate! So I’m looking here, and my plan is to stay here. I hope to find a job by mid-November, and secure an apartment by the end of the quarter.

Things are starting to get stressful. My school-work is starting to get heavy, and I’m still trying to explore Dubai as much as possible. Not only that, but job-searching is a full time job. I really feel like I’m slacking. Also, I do not have the same resources that I did back home. AUD doesn’t have on-campus interviews, so the job search is completely up to me. I’m about to be on it though. I have a paper due tomorrow and an exam Monday. After that, it’s on!

Recap of this week: friends house, Three Musketeers, studied for exam. Pretty uneventful. Didn’t get to go jet skiing :-( . Another time.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you've got a soulmate! And access to a car! I remember how alone and alienated I felt there. I had a hard time making friends with the others--they only cared about hard drinking and were largely impervious to the injustices going on around us.

    Glad you're not going through what I did! :)

    ReplyDelete