Monday, October 31, 2011

The Life of a Sailor

Halloween aka party time! Where to go? Armani, Sensations, Boudoir? I don’t know! I didn’t have fun at Nassimi on Friday, so I have to get my money’s worth out of my costume tonight. There’s a party at school at 7:30. I ‘ll stop by there first. Then I’ll head out to the real parties.

I have a video interview today that has to be completed by November 1st, and I am so unprepared. I was going to go job-hunting today. I guess not. I wish they hadn’t of waited until a day before to tell me. What kind of stuff is that (and this is an American company, by the way)?!

Sheikh Omar and I
Saturday was the desert safari. It was very interesting. I want a Hummer now. Haha. I wore a hijab, because I bought one before I came here and never got a chance to use it, plus I didn’t feel like doing my hair. Luckily, three other study abroad students wore kanduras, so I didn’t feel alone. 

The field trip lasted from 4-10, we did the safari, camel riding, sand surfing, sheesha, and watched a belly dancer perform. Not bad. I am looking forward to more study abroad events planned by AUD.


Kevin and I

Afterwards, I came home and tried to get some work done, but that didn’t happen. I failed my Islamic Art and Architecture exam, but I can still get a B. I am very disappointed in myself. Now I know that it’s not possible to cram 21 lectures in your head during the course of three days, especially when essays and short answer questions are involved. Why did I take this class?!

Tomorrow I have ANOTHER exam in International Accounting. I started studying last night in case I stay up real late tonight. 51 days until I graduate, and 59 days to find a job! By the way, the part-time job my professor told me about, is actually a full time job! Wahoo!


2 comments: